Roofing issues can range from minor to severe. This means that the cost of roof repair workcan cost as much as $7,500.There are several considerations that you’ll need to factor in along the way.
What is wrong with your roof?
There are several things that could cause the need for roof repair, including:
- Leaks which can happen for many reasons (e.g.,needing to clean your guttersor broken or missing shingles), shouldn’t be overlooked.
- Missing or damaged shinglesare important to replace because they’re more thana uniqueaesthetic. They’re alsothere to cover your home’s underlayment and roof deck. A roofing company will need to perform roof repair on these when high winds lift them off your home or aging leads them to crack.
- Sagging roofs should be repaired immediately Because it’s both unstable and unsafe.
- Flashing (the metal pieces that are used to waterproof your roof) will eventually wear down and need to be replaced by a roofing company – hopefully before it starts leaking.
- Your roof has what’s known as valleys. These are the little valleyswherewater runs down from your roof. When tiles break or fungus starts to form, you’ll need to have a roofing company fix them.
- Whether you have a flat roof or bad pitch, water may start to pool there. When this happens, your roof may begin to leak.
- One of the most common things that lead to the need for roof repair is problems with your gutters and downspouts. The best way to avoid needing this type of work is to keep your gutters cleanor by having a gutter guard system installed.
- Facia (the vertical trim that protects your trusses) and soffit(The material that runs horizontally around your home’s roof) aren’t just decorative edgings and an enclosed overhang. These are responsible for protecting the structure of your roof from the weather. They also make an attractive place for insects and rodents. When they deteriorate,theycan cause problems with your gutters.
- Roof trusses (the main structures that support your roof) can form pathways for leaks that’ll drop down onto your ceiling. When they start sagging or grow moldy, it’s time to have them replaced.
What factors are included in a quote I’ll receive from a roofing company?
There are a variety of factors that impact the cost of roof repair work. Some of these things include:
- The severity of the repair work that needs to be done
- The type of materials needed to do the work (Slate and metal roofs are the most expensive here, while flat roofs are the least expensive.)
- The size of your roof
- Whether your roof has any special features like skylights
- Whether you need any permits or inspections
- If your roof is covered by any type of insurance
If you wish to hire a roofing company to do this work for you, it’ll typically cost between$45 – $75 per hour. The price varies depending onwhere you’re located, what time of the year it is, and what kind of work you need to have done.
Should I handle my own roofrepairs or hire a roofing company to do them for me?
While you can take care of cleaning your gutters and make any minor repairs yourself, you should reach out to us at Avatar Roofing in Tampa, FL,for most of your needs. This work can be dangerous and complex. There are also some insurance companies that will void your warranty unless your roof work is done by a licensed professional. So, if your roof needs work, reach out to us today.